Helm Version 0.6 Released
30 Dec 2015
It's great to see Matt Tytel continuing to work on his open source synth, Helm. It came in at #3 in the best free instruments of 2015 list over at Bedroom Producer's Blog, and it's the best free soft synth release I've come across this year.
List of 0.6 changes:
- Performance improvements!
- Added a graphical keyboard!
- Added third envelope
- Reorganized layout and new colors, what do you think?
- Replaced oscillator "Mix" parameter with a full oscillator mixer
- Added update checking
- Added patch changing through MIDI
- Added some more patches
- Fixed 'zippering' and 'buzzing' with weird buffer sizes and bouncing audio
- Fixed portamento still affecting sound when off
- Fixed some problems with presets in different DAWs
- Fixed automation issues on tempo parameters
- Fixed unison phasing at beginning of note
- Fixed latency when reverb was enabled
- Fixed some Windows 64bit patch loading/saving problems
- Fixed Windows missing MSVCP110.dll problem
- When reopening the plugin GUI, Helm now shows the current patch and folder
- JACK MIDI input is now labeled "Helm"
- Better starting phases for unison voices
- Fixed some other small bugs no one probably (hopefully) noticed